The Logentries REST API provides a powerful way for your users and systems to programmatically manipulate the Logentries platform without accessing the user interface.
The REST API is made up of multiple resources, listed below:
- Authentication - https://docs.logentries.com/docs/authentication
- Account - https://docs.logentries.com/docs/account
- Team - https://docs.logentries.com/docs/teams
- User - https://docs.logentries.com/docs/user
- Query - https://docs.logentries.com/docs/query-api
- Saved Queries - https://docs.logentries.com/v1.0/docs/saved-queries
- Tags - https://docs.logentries.com/v1.0/docs/rest-tags
REST API requests are subject to rate limits within a 15 minute period, which will be done per API key per API endpoint - allowing separate limits for /query and /management API endpoints.
Data relating to the rate limits are returned in api responses using the following headers:
- X-RateLimit-Remaining - gives the total number of requests remaining for this period.
- X-RateLimit-Limit - gives the total number of requests allowed within this period
- X-RateLimit-Reset - gives the next Unix epoch (number of seconds) until the remaining number of requests will be reset to the limit.
If a limit is exceeded, we will return a HTTP 429 error code (Too Many Requests) with a Retry-After header set to indicate how long (in seconds) the client should wait before retrying.