Welcome Fastly users. At Logentries we provide an easy to set up logging solution for your systems. Create your account to get started. Once you’ve created your Logentries account, you can login using the credentials you will receive by email (For this simply click the Login button at the top of this page). Once logged in, follow these instructions to configure your Fastly account. And that’s it!
Log in to Logentries and create a new log by clicking the Add New Log button. Now click Manual Configuration button from the list of options. Give your log a name of your choice, select Token TCP and finally click the Register new log button. A token will be displayed in greenPlease record it as we will use it later to configure the library.
After you've created a new log in Logentries and found the token, follow these instructions to add Logentries as a logging endpoint in the Fastly application:
- Review the information in Fastly's Setting Up Remote Log Streaming guide.
- On the Logging page, click the Logentries button. The Create a new Logentries endpoint window appears.
- Fill out the Create a new Logentries endpoint fields as follows:
- In the Description field, type a human-readable name for the endpoint.
- In the Log format field, optionally type an Apache-style string or VCL variables to use for log formatting. The Apache Common Log format string appears in this field by default.
- In the Port field, type 20000.
- From the TLS menu, select Yes.
- In the Token field, type the token you found in the Logentries configuration panel.
- Click Create to create the new logging endpoint.
Logentries maintains the Fastly Community Pack which leverages custom VCL to provide advanced User-Agent statistics, regional statistics, error tracking, and more.